The whole BioLife range is a big seller in our store, and we feel our customers would benefit from reading this product spotlight, as many underestimate the importance of this vitamin.
So, Why is Vitamin D3 important?
Vitamin D3 is an essential vitamin that is very difficult to obtain from food. It is made from the action of sunlight on our skin, but our skin needs to be exposed to the sun, without sun cream protection, for about 20 minutes a day, thus many people are low in this very important vitamin.
It is beneficial for the overall health of the human body. There is much research proving that sufficient levels of Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol, the preferred form of Vitamin D) is vital for helping prevent many serious conditions. It is known for its role of absorbing calcium and phosphates, as well as aiding normal immune system functions, helping the body stay in tune.
What Can It Do For Me?
Did you know that vitamin D is vital for:
• A healthy functioning immune system
• Healthy teeth
• Healthy bones
• Cell division
• Muscle function
• Absorption of calcium and phosphorus
Some scientists believe that vitamin D3, along with a healthy diet and active lifestyle can attributed to the management of diabetes as it helps regulate insulin levels.
Does Everyone Need Vitamin D3?
An article from The Department of Health goes into detail and recommends that:
• All pregnant and breastfeeding women should take a daily supplement of vitamin D to ensure mother’s requirements for vitamin D are met and to build adequate foetal stores for early infancy.
• All infants and children between 6 months and 5 years should take a daily supplement of vitamin D.
• People aged 65 and over, or those that are not exposed too much sun, should take a daily supplement of vitamin D.
Why Choose BioLife Vitamin D3?
Many of us assume we’re getting enough through our daily lifestyles but it’s difficult to obtain from food and we need to spend at least 20 minutes a day in direct sunlight with exposed skin to avoid being, deficient in vitamin D. Vitamin D3 as cholecalciferol, the preferred form of vitamin D which is produced by the skin in response to sunlight.
Each BioLife Vitamin D3 chewable tablet contains 1000’s of Vitamin D3 and it’s sweetened with Xylitol which is known to help protect teeth and gums. So easy to take – and they tastes good!
BioLife Vitamin D3 is available here.